Feeling positive about 2011
The first week of 2011 is drawing to a close, and my positive attitude about what the New Year has in store continues.
2010 has been a busy year, and looking back, I actually achieved a surprising amount:
- Completed my first full year’s trading as Director of my own limited company
- Became a licenced Amateur Radio operator (a.k.a Radio Ham)
- Won an award for best UK non-profit podcast
- Was filmed for a BBC TV consumer programme
- Started to teach a new evening course for the local college
- Joined the committee of a local charity
- Helped to co-ordinate a reunion with some former work colleagues
- Changed a business relationship with a single tweet
That’s in addition to settling into a new house, and watching my daughter progress from 2.5 to 3.5 years old.
Look back through the list above, I realise I’ve achieved a lot – and all things that weren’t on the radar this time last year.
For that reason, I have no dramatic plans for 2011 – just a resolution to be open to new challenges and opportunities, and to be positive.
I hope that 2011 will be a positive year for you too…