You've reached M0PSX.com - Details of amateur radio operator Pete Sipple
I first obtained an amateur radio licence in October 2010, after attending a Foundation training course run by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society in Danbury, Essex. Station callsign at the time was M6PSI.
I obtained my Intermediate licence in June 2011 (2E0PSL), and then my Full licence in December 2011. I'm now licensed to transmit at powers of up to 400 watts on the amateur bands. I'm often found monitoring GB3DA, the Danbury repeater, or working data modes such as PSK31 and JT65.
About Amateur Radio
For those unfamiliar with Amateur Radio, the licence allows me to talk to other licensed hams around the world on frequencies reserved for non-commercial communications and experimentation. To become an amateur radio operator, you need to complete a short training course and take a multiple-choice exam. You then get an Ofcom licence and a callsign.
About Station M0PSX
- QTH: 2 miles West of Southend-on-Sea, Essex (Locator JO01IN)
- Power: Up to 400 Watts (normally just 10 watts though)
- Antenna: Watson WSM-270 2m / 70cm vertical (VHF); Long wire for HF
- VHF Rig: Yaesu FT-7900E Dual-band
- Mobile: Yaesu FT-60E Dual-band
I welcome QSL cards for any contact in any mode:
Recent or interesting eQSL Cards
Pete M0PSX is a member of Essex Ham
Supporting Amateur Radio In Essex
Information about the amateur radio stations I've worked recently:
M0PSX Location Information:
- QTH: Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
- Maidenhead Locator: JO01in
- ITU Zone: 27
- CQ Zone: 14
- IOTA Zone: EU-005
- DXDA: 1387
- Latitude: 51.550072 (51° 33' 0'' N)
- Longitude: 0.672956 (0° 40' 22'' E)
- National Grid Reference: TQ 85303 86900
- Worked All Britain Square: TQ88
M0PSX Shack (May 2012)
I am a member of the following amateur radio clubs: Essex Ham, Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society, Thurrock Acorns ARC, Essex Repeater Group, Essex CW Club, South Essex Amateur Radio Society, Essex RAYNET, the EPC (#19460) and the RSGB. I am also an RSGB Registered Assessor for training.
I'm also on EchoLink (Node 650816), and at the time of writing, I'm active on 40m, 20m and 15m JT65 as well as PSK31 and other data modes.
Handy Ham Radio Software
Amateur Radio Links
- Essex Ham Radio - Information about Amateur Radio in Essex
- eQSL - Made contact with me? Send an online QSL card
- RSGB - Radio Society of Great Britain
- Waters & Stanton - Top quality ham radio kit in Hockley, Essex
- Ham Radio Interview - Me, interviewing the Chairman of the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society